1 small onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp sunflower oil
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander seed
½ tsp smoked paprika
100 g chopped fresh tomatoes
1 tbsp water
Juice of ½ lime
1 tbsp Baxters Deli Toppers Jalapeños – rinsed and chopped.
½ 400g can of black beans, drained and rinsed.
- Fry the onion and garlic until golden and fragrant.
- Add the cumin, coriander and smoked paprika. Fry until the spices are fragrant.
- Add the chopped tomato, water, lime juice and Baxters Deli Toppers Jalapeños. Cook until the tomatoes are soft.
- Add the black beans and cook until the beans are heated through – a few minutes.
- Serve on a bed of rice topped with sour cream, avocado, lime and some more slices of jalapeño
By Helen Best-Shaw, visit Helen's blog here